Latin Beat Second Year Anniversary Party!!
- Red Sox Tickets ($90 value each)
- Blue Man Group Tickets
- Latin Beat Gift certificates & baskets by I&L Creations
- Color and Cut Services by Vanessa G.
- A gourmet dinner for two in the comfort of your own home! ($250 value)
- Reformer classes with Patricia ($90 value)
- Bootcamp discounts (20% off next bootcamp)
- Converse gift certificate ($100)
- La Ronga Bakery in Somerville
- Nana's Pizza in Everett (several gift cards)
- Flynn Travel ($100 gift certificate and gift bag)
- Marathon Sports: the Run-Walk Store Gift Certificate
- Malasia gift basket by Selma Veeramani
- Special gift basket by Scooby Wells
- Gift basket by The cellar fine WINES and BEERS in Melrose
- "Leornard Mello" STUDIO 786 Salon & Day Spa Gift card by Angela Nogueria in Melrose
- Latin beat Gift certificate by Diane Lynch $48 value
- Subway and Dunkin Donuts gift cards by Mercedes Escorihuela
- Gift certificate to the Medford Frisbee Team by Megan Polcaro
Extra Cash Donors
- ZiZi Abdel-Ghaffar
- Katie Greewood
- Patty Short
- Michaela Meyer
- Dorothy "Scooby" Wells
Visit the Blog for more info on these vendors.
Because you play a special part in our lives, we invite you to celebrate 2 years of exercising, dancing, sharing, caring and getting healthier. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP and LOVE!!
Join us on Sunday, April 28th from 3:00 - 5:00pm to exercise, dance and share 90 minutes of the healthiest workout on the dance floor!!!
Our second anniversary party will be a fundraiser for Julio. Julio has been misdiagnosed as having brain damage from birth, that is, a cerebral palsy case. It turns out he has no brain damage that can be detected by the finest CT Scans available. Since there is no evidence of brain damage, neurologists are almost certain Julio has a genetic form of Dystonia combined with Athetosis.
Julio is currently undergoing a genetic study at TGen (a genetic research institution located in Phoenix, Arizona). The importance of knowing whether Julio does or does not have a genetic disorder lies in the possibility of performing a procedure in his brain that could hopefully help him enormously to cope with the symptoms of spasticity and tremor he faces now. This procedure is called Deep Brain Stimulation, and it has already been proven to be very effective for genetic dystonia. A needle that produces electromagnetic waves is implanted at the basal ganglia (base of the brain) and it is monitored digitally. This needle distracts the abnormal activity of the base of the brain allowing more impulses coming from the muscles to go directly where they are supposed to in the brain, reducing the spasticity and tremor. It turns out that the insurance company where he is insured has denied paying the costs of this procedure under the guise that no exact diagnostic has been produced for Julio. We are in the process of appealing this decision. Even if the insurance company approves, we will have to come up with some percentage of a very costly surgery (around $200,000 if not paid by the insurance). Julio is a guy, as you will be able to see, that would do so much more if he were even a tiny bit relieved of the burden of his condition that has kept him locked in for almost 19 years.
You can purchase your tickets at the studio! $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
The party will take place at the Everett Armory at 90 Chelsea Street Everett, MA.
Save time at the door! Print and sign your waiver ahead of time and bring it with you!!
View Larger Map